10 Ways Exercise Boosts Self Confidence
All of us want to feel good about ourselves. When we are confident, we feel better emotionally and mentally and this reflects in a very positive way in our behavior. Plus, it improves our quality of life; everything from personal relationships to our professional endeavors.
Therefore, anything which can help boost our self-confidence is good for us. One of the best ways to boost your self-confidence is by exercising regularly. This not only great for self-assurance but has impressive health benefits.
So how can exercise boost self-confidence?
Here Are 10 Ways That Exercising Boosts Your Confidence
1. Weight Control. Exercising along with healthy eating is the best way to control weight or lose weight. This is all about energy intake and energy burning. Obviously, if you burn more energy than you take in the more weight you will lose . Being overweight is a confidence destroyer. Therefore the better shape you are, the better you will feel.
2. Improves mood. There’s nothing better emotionally than a good workout. Before you think that this requires a trip to the gym, think again. A good workout could be a brisk walk or a jog. In fact, anything that makes your bodywork physically harder can be a workout. What this does is to stimulate brain chemicals like dopamine and serotonin, which promote a general feeling of well-being. The results are a reduction in stress and anxiety.
3. It’s good for the heart. Regular exercising lowers the risk of various heart-related conditions. Exercising has been proven to lower blood pressure. Exercise also reduces problems associated with diabetes and can even help in fighting heart disease. This is quite logical – if exercising reduces weight, then this means that the heart has to work less. Consequently, the heart is much healthier. There is also less pressure on joints and other areas of the body.
4. Keeps the body in shape. This is slightly different from weight control. Being is shape involves having a well-toned body and better posture. These are all aspects connected with self-confidence. When a person feels good about him or herself, it’s easier to make friends and more connections in life means more confidence.
5. More energy. If we don’t have the energy to do things, then everything becomes a chore. That can lead to feelings of feeling bad about oneself. Regular exercise helps the whole bodywork more effectively. The result is that chores become responsibilities and the more responsibility we are coping with life, the better we feel.
6. Better sleep. Regular exercise promotes good sleep. It is proven that sleep is necessary for general feelings of well-being. Sleep is also necessary for maintaining overall health. Just imagine preparing for an important meeting and looking in the mirror and seeing dark circles under bloodshot eyes – how confident will you feel? Therefore, exercising will improve sleep. One word of warning – just don’t exercise too near to bedtime.
7. Improves productivity. One of the best ways to clear the mind is to exercise regularly. Exercise gives you a chance to wipe the slate clean and start from new. In addition, if you push yourself exercising you can realize new potentials and this in turn boosts self-confidence. Very often, what you thought was a major problem before exercising disappears thereafter.
8. Give you something to look forward to. Once you have a reasonable schedule for exercising, you will start to look forward to it. This is called momentum. This in itself is a confidence booster. Once you start seeing the benefits of exercising, you will have the desire to continue and in the end, you feel better and look better. Positive reinforcement that you can see and feel!
9. Improves concentration. In general exercising helps us to develop the necessary skills to concentrate on the task in hand. “Feel good” brain chemicals like dopamine & serotonin are released during exercise. This then trains us better when we have tasks or responsibilities to concentrate better, resulting in more praise and benefits.
10. Feelings of control and achievement. In general, exercising has so many benefits to health and mind that we can’t help having a feeling of control and achievement. Working out takes work, dedication, commitment, and care for oneself. All this facilitates enormous feelings of confidence.
Feel Great! Get Started Today!
Try incorporating regular exercising into your routine and you will experience the many benefits to your health & self-confidence that regular exercising gives.