What You Must Incorporate Into Your Weight Loss Plan
Your Weight Loss Plan
Losing weight is no easy task, especially if you’ve spent many years putting it on. It’s ok! Congratulations for your decision to implement your weight loss plan. The probability of your success increases through planning and implementation. It is best to be seriously dedicated to the process. Having a good strategy behind your efforts is key. Consider the following proven steps to improve your approach to weight loss and greatly increase your chances of finally succeeding with it.
1. Think long-term – not temporary fixes. As you construct your weight loss plan, consider the benefits of adopting healthy habits on a permanent basis. An immediate goal may be to attain a certain weight. Remember that the means to that end can benefit you in other areas also. Benefits such as reducing your chance of developing heart disease. How awesome is that? Look into your future and visualize yourself being thinner and committed to your overall health as well. Watch the brief but important video below to learn how and why to set longer term goals with Brian Tracy!
Accountability And Support
2. Familiarize yourself to weight loss tools & proven weight loss plans. Those who keep a food and exercise journal consistently lose more pounds than those who do not. Develop the habit of logging your behavior and tracking your progress associated with it. Use a measuring tape and record your measurements every few weeks. Thus helping to keep you in line with your goals. Weighing yourself regularly is also an important element of the success of your efforts. Nipping ‘problems’ in the bud before they become overwhelming is just plain smart.
3. Seek support from your inner social circle. No matter what your weight loss plan is, solid support from the people that mean the most to you helps a lot. Your chances of success skyrocket compared to going it alone. Make sure people around you know of your plans so they can make positive contributions to your efforts. Find a friend who has been wanting to manage their own weight. Join forces with them re: reviewing healthy dieting tips, working out together and helpful mutual encouragement.
Insuring Your Success
4. Crucial: set written goals to keep you focused. Having a realistic weekly weight reduction goal will help maintain your focus and motivation. For example: set your sights on a fabulous pair of jeans and commit to fitting into them within a few months. Write down more concrete and measurable goals that are realistic and worth aiming for. Always keep in mind that reaching your ideal weight is your primary objective. Keep it fun and reward yourself along the way!
5. Stick with your weight loss plan. You can do this! It may take you longer than you originally anticipated to see real results. This is normal. Potentially, something else may be going on with your metabolism. Have a chat with your physician if you become concerned. Your Doc will help to rule out any underlying issues you may not be aware of. Understand that weight loss is a process. Your goals may require somewhat more effort than first anticipated. No big deal.. Intensifying your workout in some way can help. Being more selective with the types of calories you consume is also key. Simply accept that the process of weight loss is worthwhile, challenging and requires your ongoing, long-term commitment. You can do it!
Your Focus: You!
We all know it can be tough to resist temptation and adhere to a diet/fitness regimen. Be dedicated and accountable to your goals. You will succeed by taking the right approach and following through with your written goals. Think of your efforts as being a ‘lifestyle’ adjustment. Remember the image of your ideal self? Good! Hold that in your mind everyday!